Monday 11 May 2015

MORE RUE MORGUE ZOMBIES.

What's occurrin' then?

A pretty quiet and mundane week here at the bunker. I have managed to finish a few mini's. Which is much better than the past several weeks performance.

Before we go any further, let's try and introduce a little culture to the world of zombies. Sticking with the immensely talented Bryan Baugh, here's another of his fine works of art. This piece is called Something To Tide You Over. Enjoy!

SOMETHING TO TIDE YOU OVER.

So this week I've tried to concentrate on getting some painting done. I haven't been entirely successful in this but I did enough to finish off these four. Again all these zombies come from Zombicide Season 3 : Rue Morgue. They are all skinner zombies.

These four sculpts from left to right are a walker, a crawler, a runner and another crawler. This is the first time Zombicide has introduced crawlers, they operate much the same as walkers having 1 action per turn. The significant difference is how they are spawned and created. Firstly, they have special spawning cards which only allow them to be spawned on beds in occupied hospital tiles, similar to the sewer cards with the original game. Secondly, they are created by certain conditions when you kill regular zombies. Namely any weapon that uses more than one to hit dice, as long as one of your dice kills, any ones thrown generate a crawler. Although you can not generate more crawlers than there are kills.

A chainsaw for example uses five dice to hit, it also needs five plus to wound. So throwing these dice we end up with 4, 5, 3, 1, 1. The 5 kills a zombie but the first 1 generates a crawler. So you remove one zombie but replace it with a crawler The second 1 does not generate a crawler as there was only one kill in the first place. Simples!

FOUR MORE JOIN THE HORDE.

So, some introductions are needed, from left to right. First up is Tanwen a stay at home mum. Secondly is Macsen, ex-factory worker. Next in line is Teilo a photographer. Last, but not least is Mai, a checkout girl.

So no records broken but I am back to painting, which is a start. Here's hoping the progress continues and I can keep a paintbrush in my hand for more than 5 minutes at a time.

MORE BACKS PAINTED.

 In other news, Ray Rousell over at the Dont't Throw a 1 blog is having a mega blog giveaway to celebrate 500 posts. Get on over there to check it out and give it some support.

Well I guess that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time try and do as the DUDE and "take it easy".



20 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff Bob, as you've made me more and more eager to get into the second and third seasons of "Zombicide" with your explanation of crawlers. Also a big thumbs up for the "Creepshow" 'Tide You Over' zombies. Clearly based upon Ted Danson's splendid role in that movie... "I can hold my breath for a long time!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      Crawlers are the new black, hiding under stuff and trying to bite your legs. They change the game a little, but not so much as to spoil things, a nice new wrinkle.
      Bizzarrely enough I watched "Creepshow" the night before last but I didn't make that connection. Not conciously any way.

      Delete
  2. As a big fan of "Creepshow" I got the reference from Bryan's painting straight away.
    Good to see you painting zombies again, Bob. I think it'll be a while before I get round to painting my Rue Morgue Zombies as I'm still painting my Zombicide Season 2 Zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Good to see you and Bk on the ball, that went straight over my head.
      Dude I'm only going to finish the couple I started, cos I've got TCM and Season 2 to do. Which rather anally I'm going to paint in order, plus I've still got the girl survivors to do from Season 1. Will it ever end!?!

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the Zeds, Bob!

    What is a skinner zombie?

    And not sure I get the crawler description you've made - surely you wanted to say every hit zombie becomes a crawler and misses are simply ignored?

    If you throw 4, 5, 3, 1, 1 with 5+ to hit, only 5 (one die) hits, so there's only one crawler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      Season 3 of Zombicide is set several months after Z-day. So the zombies have been around for a while, having less and less to eat, as survivor groups fall to the zombie menace. They've also been exposed to the elements for all that time. Leaving them skinny and dirty.
      Not every hit zombie becomes a crawler. If there were no 1's thrown, then no crawlers. If you rolled 5,3,2,4,5 with 5+ to hit then you get two dead but no crawlers.
      I hope that clarifies it for you dude!?

      Delete
    2. aah, it all makes sense now, I am back on track! :D

      Delete
  4. Very Nice!, really liking the blood around the mouth & hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Redcoat.
      I've always thought zombies look scarier when they have already eaten, you just know your next. It's becoming my little trademark too.

      Delete
  5. Seeing these reminds me that I need to really have a closer look at my season 3 box, lovely job Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sir Michael.
      You really should, it's packed full of goodies.

      Delete
  6. Excellent additions dude you gotta just keep rolling.

    Watch Wyrmwood its an excellent movie and stick on the walking dead from the start of series 1 and just paint and chill.

    The dude abides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      My painting is slowly gathering momentum again.
      I much prefer listening to music or an audio book while painting. Not enough chilling going on to be honest, life seems too hectic at the moment.
      We should all abide!

      Delete
    2. I recommend the deathlands audiobooks then.

      Delete
    3. Cheers dude!
      I'll check them out.

      Delete
  7. That third zombie sculpt from the left is one of the best I have seen. Very dynamic and well painted Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.E.M.
      He's a very nice sculpt, each season the sculpts have improved and they were pretty damn good in the first place.

      Delete
  8. Great additions to the horde, Bob. Ditto on the runner: very dynamic pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      He's pretty dynamic, a lot more upright than the earlier runners. I think that's what making the difference dude!

      Delete