Monday 18 May 2015

LAST OF THE RUE MORGUE ZOMBIES FOR NOW.

What's occurrin' then?

Nothing special happening at the bunker this week. It's nice that life has eased to a more sedate pace to be honest. So a little painting was achieved. I've just finished the couple of Rue Morgue zombies that I had started, I'm going to leave them alone for a while as I paint my toxic zombies from TCM.

The cultural mission continues with another fine work from Bryan Baugh. A little different this time, no colour. This piece is called Afternoon at Zombie Beach. Enjoy!

AFTERNOON AT ZOMBIE BEACH.

The welcome wagon has to be pulled out of the shed, to welcome my latest follower Jonathon Hutson. So a big BZA welcome for him. WELCOME JONATHON! Can't find a blog for you, let me know if you have one.

So I mentioned a little painting had been done. I decided to finish these couple of skinner zombies in order to make way for the toxic zombies from TCM. Being a little anal, I thought I'd paint them all in order. I'm painting the base edges with yellow to denote them as skinner zombies, not too pleased with the results though so this may change.

These are all the rest of the new sculpts that come with Rue Morgue, a runner, a fattie and a crawler. I think that's all the zombie sculpts fom this season.

THREE MORE SKINNERS FOR THE HORDE.

So some introductions are in order. From left to right as usual. First in line is Caron, he used to be a bricklayer. Second is Guto he was a plumber before reanimating, perhaps that explains the pipes. Finaĺly we have Llew a council clerk before he turned to eating flesh for a living.

LAST OF THE SKINNERS FOR NOW.

Next time out will see a little change of pace as I am painting the toxic zombies from TCM. I see a lot of green in the future few weeks, along with some hideous boils. Lovely!

Well, I guess that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time y'all try to follow the DUDE'S teachings and "take it easy".




21 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow Bob. They look great. You've certainly brought out the detail of the sculpts. Great choice of colours too. Looking forward to those toxics :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      Still trying to use muted colours on these to give them an exposed to the elements look.

      Delete
  2. That's some nice painting there, Bob. Top stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great paint jobs, Bob. The Fatty, in particular, is most impressive. By the way, I'm just as anal as you. I'm also painting my zombies in the order that I got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      It just seems the right thing to do. While we're playing with Season 3, it gives me the chance to paint the others.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! Really love how you do these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon.
      Nothing fancy, just block colours and a wash.

      Delete
  5. Guto the plumber is one of the more unique ones I have seen so far. Nice drawing too. This strain of zombies seem to target only the sexy ladies. Naughty naughty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.E.M.
      He certainly is a unique example, I think that's why I like him.
      Nearly all of them only target sexy ladies. It's one of horrors great tropes, the damsel in distress.

      Delete
  6. I love the colors of this nzombies alot... nice work Dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre.
      Trying to give them a washed out, exposed to the elements look.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff as always, Bob. Keep that art coming.

    Guto the plumber even has the dreaded plumber's butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      No worries the art isn't stopping any time soon.
      He wouldn't be a plumber without it.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic work Bob, I love them, particularly the fatty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great dude. The fattie model rocks especially with the paintjob you gave him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      He was fun to paint.
      I watched Wyrmwood, after you recommendation, great fun. Really good for a low budget movie.

      Delete
  10. Hey Bryan, Really Nice Painting, this might have been mentioned, but what paint do you use to get the blood colour?

    P.s I am Jonathan Hutson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Bob, getting you mixed up with vampifan!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Redcoat.
      The blood colour is from the Zombicide Core Set, it's called Glistening Blood. It's available seperately from Army Painter.

      Welcome aboard Jonathon.

      As for getting me mixed up with Vampifan, that's kinda hard, I'm far better looking. LOL!

      Delete