Sunday 27 March 2016

HAPPY ZOMBIE JESUS DAY!

What's occurrin'?

Still not back to posting weekly yet. Twice in one month is an improvement though. I have been working away on more scenery for ATZ, so I thought I'd post my progress so far, better than nothing eh! The bunker is pretty quiet this weekend, people away on a mission in enemy territory(a Vamps concert in Birmingham). So the plan is to get an ATZ marathon in, further familiarising myself with the rules and note taking process before I go "live". Let's hope the plan survives contact with the enemy.

Before we charge off to see what I've been doing, let's not forget the cultural mission. Let the enrichment begin. Another fantastic piece by Savagezombie. I love the underlit effect on this one, superb stuff. It's called Zombie Goodness. Enjoy!

ZOMBIE GOODNESS.

First of all, the roads I made got some love. Just used masking tape to delineate the markings. Then painted them with some white paint. Simples!

ROADMARKINGS.

Some of you may remember the mesh fences I made some time ago. Well they are all based and weathered now. Basing was just drybrushed and flocked. I used some old ink to simulate rust.

MESH FENCES FINISHED AT LAST.

The next photo was trying to show the difference in height between the two sets of wire mesh fences. It didn't turn out so good though. The shorter one at the front is rather obscured by the taller one at the back. D'oh!

TWO DIFFERENT SIZED FENCES.

Can't remember if I've shown these ones before. Made with "craft" sticks, which are basically lolly (popsicle) sticks cut diagonally leaving a pointed end. They give a little more worn and rugged effect to a fence, leaving some nice looking gaps too. Mounted on really thick card rather than the foamcore the mesh fences were based with.

RUSTIC WOODEN FENCES.

The next lot are just corrugated card, some skewers for uprights again based on foamcore. Same deal as before, drybrushing and flock for the base, ink for the rust stains.

CORRUGATED STEEL FENCES.

These smaller fences are the same card with matchsticks for uprights and based on lolly sticks. Filler and sand to make up the ground, then painted and flocked.

SMALLER CORRUGATED FENCES.

The little wooden fences are made from coffee stirrers hot glued onto lolly sticks. Based as the small fences above.

BLUE WOODEN FENCES.

Now I know you've seen these before, well the one on the left anyway. I'd originally made a dozen of them. Well...... my little puppy liked them so much she ate four of them. So I made another set, the one on the right. To make them different to the others I inverted them. Apart from that everything else was the same as before.

REPLACEMENT RANCH FENCES. ON THE RIGHT.

Well that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time remember to try and emulate the DUDE and "take her easy".



28 comments:

  1. Phew, you may not be posting as regularly as you'd like Bob. but this one is seriously crammed full of zed-goodness. Some terrific pieces of scenery which should all look splendid on the tabletop. great stuff, dude :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      I'm definitely not posting as much as I'd like. You twice a week boys are going great guns, really want to get back to that.
      This is just finishing off stuff I've had hanging around for far too long dude!

      Delete
  2. Scenery pieces like these are essential items for your tabletop gaming needs. They help bring the board to life and give it ambience. Job's a good 'un, I'd say, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Great to have the Vampifan nod of approval Dude!

      Delete
  3. Good job Bob and you've inspired me with your corrugated fences, I've got some of that lurking about - nice one dude.

    Love the post title, the story of Jesus was the ultimate zombie story........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy.
      I'm trying to make everything for as little as possible being totally bloody skint. Frugality is the watch word dude. Glad I could inspire you too. Found an excellent post about making fuel drums from paper, coming to a blog near you soon.

      Yep, Jesus is the OG zombie!

      Delete
  4. Now they are impressive, love the different fencing solutions Bob, they are going to look superb on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      Not bad considering it's mostly made from very cheap craft materials and junk I've hoarded over the years.

      Delete
  5. All good stuff! Look forward to seeing it all in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon.
      Playing a few practice games today dude! I'm slowly getting there.

      Delete
  6. What an o-fence-ive post.
    That's the only pun I could come up with :(

    Seeing all the weathering and posters you've put to good use has given me ideas for my own bits and bobs. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.
      Puntastic comment dude!
      Glad I could inspire some ideas.

      Delete
  7. Lots of new great looking fences Dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre.
      All painted and finished at last dude!

      Delete
  8. Great looking fences there - might have to steal the short wooden ones . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike.
      Steal away dude, they are easy to make, that's what it's all about. Inspiring others I mean, not stealing!

      Delete
  9. You have been busy and scenic additions like these are a good way to get m=back into modelling .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      Just trying to get the table ready. A few more bits of scatter terrain and some more vehicles and it's just about there.
      Yes it is a good way to get back into modelling.

      Delete
  10. Cheap alternatives to buying the things readymade. Good stuff Bob and fits your card scenery just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai.
      Very cheap actually, mostly arts and craft stuff I've had to pay for the rest is scavenged and hoarded.

      Delete
  11. That's a lot of great shots you have on this post. Lovely poses and terrain work too. Fantastic stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kuan.
      Just finishing off getting the table ready to play!

      Delete
  12. Nice looking fences, Its amazing what an effect they have and will fill out the table nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Simon.
    Hopefully they'll keep the zeds out..... for a little while at least!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking fences there - might have to steal the short wooden ones . . .
    goldenslot
    บาคาร่า online

    ReplyDelete
  15. You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. 
    sagame
    sagame66
    sagame77
    sagame88

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
    មាន់ជល់អនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete