Sunday 25 October 2015

ZOMBTOBER 2015 WEEK #4.

What's occurrin' then?

Still ticking over steadily this week, this years Zombtober has felt quite manageable compared to last year when everything felt rushed and last minute. It's also really helped my get back to painting and keep me on track the last few weeks. Also discovered some new bloggers and their blogs, which I find the bonus side effect of the event. Gotta spread the infection, right? I think what I'm trying to say is that I enjoyed the whole experience much more than last year. Congratulations to everybody who took part and a big thanks to those who dropped by and made this year's event fun to be a part of.

Pressing on with the cultural mission, it is my pleasure to bring a new artist to your attention. He's a digital artist called Andy Walsh but he uses the name stayinwonderland, so that's what I'll be calling him. A different style too, more landscape than portraits of zombies. All beautifully rendered too, as they say, a change is as good as a rest. This fine example is called Zombie Alley. Enjoy!

ZOMBIE ALLEY.

So, we come to the last of this year's Zombtober offerings. More V.I.P.s from the infected box that came with my season 3 Zombicide kickstarter. I'm pretty sure a couple of these were kickstarter exclusives too!

So we have, I assume a cosplayer dressed as Princess Leia in her slave girl outfit. Next, what would the zombie apocalypse be without an undead Santa Claus. Finally an iconic punk rocker to round out this week's selection.

MORE V.I.P.'S

We used the V.I.P.'s for only the second time last Wednesday, I must admit to liking the mechanic. You have to collect five different V.I.P. walkers, just keep them on your survivor's card when you kill them. When you have five, you can trade them in for one of the cards from a deck of special weapons. Your supposed to include all of the "pimp" weapons you have into this deck too.

I'M STILL PAINTING THE BACK OF THEM.

There's some really cool weaponry in this deck, a golden AK-47, a Thompson sub machine gun and a pink M4 to name just a few. Plus you get to use all your "pimp" weapons even if there's no pimpmobile on the game board.

To finish off Zombtober I wanted to paint something a bit special, so this is the second Skinner Abomination that came as part of the kickstarter deal. Like one's not enough, right!

ALTERNATE SKINNER SCULPT! HE'S A BADASS.

This guy is a nightmare to play against! Not only have the rules for him changed, (he has no toughness stat anymore), meaning only Molotov's, the flamethrower and Will's Comet Launcher will kill him. He's also able to drag survivors into his square from all adjacent squares at the end of the zombie phase. Like I said nightmare! I guess that's why he's got really long arms, all the better to drag you in with!

AGAIN, I'VE PAINTED THE BACK OF HIM!

A group shot of everything I've painted this Zombtober, not amazing numbers but I'm happy enough, plus it's done the job and got me back painting regularly. Now that's a result in my book!

CLEETUS LOOKS LIKE HE'S IN TROUBLE!

I must ask how is everybody enjoying the new season of TWD? I'm loving it!

Well, I guess that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time, be more like the DUDE and "take it easy".



41 comments:

  1. Nice figs dude and a good haul of painted for this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG.
      It was nice to get back to some painting!

      Delete
  2. Corking stuff once again Bob, and what a fantastic collection of minis you've completed for your games of "Zombicide". Hopefully the mojo is well and truly back and we'll be seeing even more such splendid minis in the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      They 're not just for Zombicide, all the "normal" zeds will get used for ATZ. When I've finished enough scenery and survivors. It feels like the mojo is back, so much so I've had a brain fart about next month.

      Delete
  3. Excellent work bob and fantastic result for the whole of Zomtober job well done dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      This year everything felt a lot more organised, apart from the first week of course.

      Delete
  4. Zombie Alley is superb! Very evocative! And lovely figs...especially the Leia and santa...full of character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon.
      Glad you like the art dude! The V.I.P.s are very characterful.

      Delete
  5. It has been such a blast to see you painting again Bob and these final offerings are superb, I'd completely forgotten about that Leia cosplayer, must dig her out! I was a little worried about the new series of the Walking Dead as I could feel my interest waning, but my word what a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      It's great to be back painting regularly. There's some great stuff in the extras box, you should definitely go rummaging.
      TWD's new season has certainly started with a bang! It's pumped new life (sic) into the franchise, let's hope it continues.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff! No a bad zomtober at all! Everyone is a proper character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike.
      Zombtober was pretty good this time around. The V.I.P.s are a very characterful bunch.

      Delete
  7. Nice work Bob. Sorry. Dude.
    Leia is my favourite! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.
      I can see why she might be your favourite dude! Is it wrong to find a zombie sexy?

      Delete
  8. I love the zombie alley artwork. This guy sure is talented.
    Your zombies are all top notch but your Abomination really does stand out.
    A great ending to Zomtober, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Stayinwonderland does some very nice work, I have several pieces of his work to showcase that fits in the zombie genre. This abomination is the biggest yet, dwarfing some of the others.

      Delete
  9. Someone had a productive Zomtober, it seems. Well done, Bob.

    Big shift in style with the art. Understated and eerie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      Yes, did Ok this year, now it's all about maintaing the momentum created this month.
      I really like stayinwonderland's style, it makes a nice change too. As you pointed out, understated and eerie.

      Delete
  10. Great work Bob! That's a fine bit of work and good output for Zombtober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob.
      It's been a good event for me this year dude!

      Delete
  11. Cool work on the zombies Bob! Zombiecide is still a great game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johnny.
      Yes, Zombicide is still a great game. I'm still playing it every week!

      Delete
  12. Great work Bob! A great observation - zombie Santa! A must need if I ever I hear dof one. A nice looking horde, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve.
      Everybody needs a Zombie Santa! It just wouldn't be an undead Xmas without one.

      Delete
  13. Well you really have done a fantastic job. They are looking amazing. Love the Santa! I have not seen some of the models you have here. I missed the Kickstarter and have purchased Zombicide and Toxic City Mall. I was also given a box of VIPs. That Skinner looks really cool. Bet he was fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BF.
      Having missed the kickstarters for seasons one and two, there was no way I was going to miss out on the season three kickstarter. All the figures in this post come from the "infected" box that came as part of the season three kickstarter. The skinners are the new zombie type in season three. He was fun to paint.
      Don't forget Prison Outbreak (season two) loads of fun to be had with that one too.

      Delete
  14. Well done getting back into the swing of painting zeds Bob, this bunch is great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      Zombtober has really helped me get back "on the horse".

      Delete
  15. Lovely stuff Bob, there appears to be some nice stuff in the Zombicide kickstarters (we just have the basic box game). That big dude is awesome!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dick.
      I only have the basic sets for seasons one and two. The season three kickstarter was amazing value really. I paid twenty quid less than it retails for and had a lot of stuff thrown in free, a lot of stuff.
      The big dude was one of the things thrown in. He's a skinner, a new type of zombie for season three.

      Delete
  16. Sorted efforts here Bob. Slave Leia zombie.... someone needs an award for that idea.

    Glad this Zomtober event helped me find your blog to follow - hope you get more stuff done even though the event is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai.
      She's genius!
      I reciprocate your gladness dude! Nice to find another Welshman doing this. LOL. Following your blog also. That's what I meant as the bonus side effect of this event.
      I'm pretty sure the next few months are going to OK, I feel like I'm on a roll. Besides I've had an idea about next month.
      So who do you fancy in the final? Blacks or the Ozzies?

      Delete
    2. Like I said on me blog, blacks. Ozzies are not good enough. Sad that not one northern hemisphere team made it past the 1/4 finals...

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. Totally agree with you mate. Very sad about northern hemisphere teams, I just don't think any of them where good enough this time around.

      Delete
  17. Great work on the first three minis. Personally I prefer stuff on zombies with vestiges of their former life clinging on to their lifeless body. Those minis you knock right out of the park. Loving it. Don't get me wrong. The monster that came after is also well painted. But I prefer zombies as mentioned earlier ... they are somewhat scarier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.E.M.
      I know where your coming from, I much prefer the endless horde of regular shuffling zombies rather than the various newer mutant types. Something much more horrofic about the futile struggle against an endless tide of once humans trying to eat you.

      Delete