Monday 23 March 2015

FOUR MORE ZOMBIES.

What's occurrin' then?

Pretty shitty week this week at the bunker. I had to have my dog put down on Tuesday. Fucking gutted, I loved that dog. Loads of tears shed. Now I'm gonna have to buy a new guard dog, something big and mean. Like a chihuahua. Still managed a little painting through all the tears.

So let's kick off with the usual piece of zombie art. Still got quite a few of Bryan Baugh's to show you. This great example is a tribute to Return of the Living Dead, and is called Tarman. Enjoy!

TARMAN.

So I got some painting done. These four are again made from the last sprue in the Wargames Factory Survivors : The Men box with the addition of some Studio plastic arms and a head, and some Mantic heads and torsos. Kitbashing rules.

FOUR MORE FOR THE HORDE.
I suppose some introductions are in order. First up, made from WGF body, Studio arms and a Mantic head is Edryd. He looks a little confused about his current situation, must be all the blows to the head. Next in line a zombie child made from WGF body, Studio arms and head. (The head was the right size for a child but the arms are a little long, making him a little ape-ish) Never mind, we'll call him Fychan. Following along, made from WGF legs, Mantic torso, arms and head is Gerallt, who has brought along a nice snack in case he gets peckish. Finally bringing up the rear is an all Mantic crawling/dragging zombie. A prison inmate judging from his garb, know as Harri. Here I come to my first complaint about the Zombicide paints, now maybe it was that I didn't shake the bottle enough (I can't honestly remember), the coverage of the prison jumpsuit orange was piss poor. So I went back to my old OOP GW orange but I did use the jumpsuit shader and liked the effect it left.

OFF THEY GO TO JOIN THE HORDE.

Not much more to say this week. I miss my dog, she was a lovely old girl.

R.I.P. TIA.

Well that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time, try following the path of the DUDE and "take it easy".



32 comments:

  1. Bob, genuinely sorry to hear about you losing part of your family. You've done well to get any painting done at all tbh and a fine array of walking dead they are too. Indeed the first one reminds me of the puzzled look upon Imhotep's priests when he first resurrects them in "The Mummy". Sadly such things tend to pale in comparison with your loss, so I'll leave well enough alone. My thoughts are with you though Dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      It was a bit of a struggle, thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I'm genuinely sorry about the loss of your dog, Bob. I know how you must be feeling as I've been through a similar situation with my two pet cats. It won't feel like it right now but time does heal the pain of such a loss although it will never totally heal it. Remember all the good times and cherish your memories, knowing you gave him a good home and did your best for him.

    It seems kind of superfluous to mention this but good work on the four new zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      She'll be well remembered. She was a rescue and we spoilt her rotten. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. You must be made f some stern stuff to be able to post about such a loss, losing a dog is like losing a member of the family, consolations Bob, I do feel your loss.

    Another four zombies too - all good additions to the growing horde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      Hopefully stern enough to be a survivor. I've had enough loss in life to armour me for this. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
    2. Or I could just be a cold hearted bastard. Who knows!

      Delete
  4. Great looking figures Bob, I like the no legs dragger zombie, there's one i could defo outrun! Sorry to hear about your dog, they become part of the family and break your bloody heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray.
      I think even I might be able to outrun the draggers. Yes they can break your heart.

      Delete
  5. My condolences on your loss Bob.

    I find orange / yellow / white paints to be hit or miss in regard coverage. More so when dealing with paints that come in bottles.

    What's possibly happened is that the actual paint has sunk to the bottom of the bottle and the liquid (whatever it is that helps the paint flow) has risen to the top like oil atop water. Unless you empty the whole bottle and stir the paint into the liquid I don't know how to solve the problem (should it be this). I get over this trouble by empty the paints into small jam jars and then stirring them paints with a steel pin and so combining the two elements of the paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention (I was watching Gotham on Ch5 - hence the spelling errors come the end of the above) that should empty a bottle into a jar or the like you'll have to squeeze like hell to get the thick paint out from the bottom of the plastic bottle. The paint will come out like toothpaste and will need stirring into the flow agent to combine.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Roy.
      I'll try your suggestion.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your dog. Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your dog...i got a old dog my self... soo i now how you might feel...
    great zombies Dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre.
      It was best she went when she did, I would have hated to prolong any suffering.

      Delete
  8. Really sorry to hear about your dog mate. They are always more than just pets that non-pet owners think they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike.
      You certainly develop bonds with them, makes them more like friends.

      Delete
  9. Condolences for your dog, I know how hard it is to lose such a good buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sorry for your loss Bob. RIP Tia. I'd be just as gutted to lose either of my two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The death of a pet is never an easy thing. Very sorry for your loss, Bob. Hopefully you find solace in knowing that you provided Tia a loving home and a good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      Yes I do, she was a rescue and spoilt rotten.

      Delete
  12. Truly sorry for your loss Bob. I have always wanted a dog as a pet but for the same reasons you are going through I never did. Therein lies the irony, when you love someone or something ... truly love them ... the pain of losing them is almost unbearable. On a lighter note, make sure you name your chihuahua KILLER or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F.E.M.
      She was my fourth labrador but it doesn't get any easier. The wonderful Mrs Kinnear wants something smaller next time. As she'll get to name it, I think "killer" is probably off the table.

      Delete
  13. very sorry to hear about your dog, Bob. As someone who lives in a household full of pets of all kinds I know how difficult it is when we lose one. Hopefully the pain will ease soon leaving you with just the fond memories of a constant companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CW.
      She was a good old girl, thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear about the dog, Bob.

    As for the zombies, nice work. That's some creepy kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      She was a good old girl.
      Kid zombies are always really creepy, gonna have to get some more.

      Delete
  15. Sorry to hear of your dog I had to do the same a few years back a great deal of tears doesn't begin o cover it. I'm lad a little zombie kit bashing help ease the pain. The kid kitbash was very daring of you Bob great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob.
      We've got some nice memories and photographs, plus she isn't suffering anymore.
      Plastic seems to be my new choice of drug!?!

      Delete