Monday 30 March 2015

ZOMBICIDE COMPANION DOGS. PART 1

What's occurrin' then?

Things are improving, here at the bunker, after last weeks sad news. I really didn't feel up to much this week. Then I remembered some figures that would make me feel better and act as a kind of memorial. These were the Zombicide companion dogs, which I had won in a prize draw on Vampifan's blog. Cheers again Bryan.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, my endevour to inject some culture into the world of zombies must continue. To this end, I present you with another great piece from the maestro that is Bryan Baugh. This is titled "Bloody Weirdos". Enjoy!

BLOODY WEIRDOS.

Some survivors run on all fours. Dog companions can fight alongside you, cross the block to lend some help, distract zombies and reach blocked areas in no time. In these times of zombie mayhem, dogs are more than pets... they are teammates with natural weaponry.

Before the apocalypse we called them "pets". Now we call them "companions". Some dogs turned, some didn't and like us, some survived. Dog companions are of great help. They warn us, they fight alongside us and allow us to reach areas no one else can. Of course, a companion has to be strong to survive and do what we ask of it. Being a survivor's dog is not really a Chihuahua's job.

In the following pictures, the cards are from Zombicide. I doubt I'll need them for ATZ, the only dogs in that seem to be the barking type, followed by a random amount of zombies.

GASPARD, BIT OF A BEAST IN MELEE AND CAN KILL FATTIES.

In Zombicide these dog companions count as pieces of equipment, and can be traded as such. They won't actually do anything unless you give them commands (actions of your own), except for giving you extra dice in melee if they are in the same zone as you when you attack a zombie.

CHERRY, MORE USEFUL FOR SEARCHING. AN EXTRA SEARCH EACH ROUND SHOULD NOT BE SNIFFED AT.

If you do give them commands, they'll happily attack zombies for you, run around and search for stuff (they can only carry one piece of equipment at a time) or go off and bark a lot to distract the zombies. All these actions have their uses at the right times.

MARTENS, VERY GOOD AGAINST THE REGULAR ZOMBIES.

Plus, it's not quite as sad when these ones die. Because they can take a wound for you. We the WNI(Wednesday Night Irregulars), have found them to be very handy pieces of kit and when used properly can affect the game positively, but not so much that they seem overpowered.

In other news, the third instalment of '68 arrived at the bunker this week. Having read it three times already, I must admit to being a huge fan. The artwork is not quite as impressive as the first two tpbs due to a change of artist, it's still bloody impressive (pun intended). I would still heartily recommend this to any zombie fan.

SEMPER FI, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Well that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time try to be more like the DUDE and "take it easy".


STOP PRESS. AS I WRITE THIS, MY MATE JUST KNOCKED THE DOOR WITH MY ZOMBICIDE : RUE MORGUE KICKSTARTER BOX. HAPPY MONDAY TO BOB. YIPPEE! CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED!!!!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mike.
      Only got a quick look before The Walking Dead came on, I wasn't going to miss the season finale for anything. Bloody impressed with what I got for my money.

      Delete
  2. Great models Bob, and I'm delighted you're enjoying '68 Jungle Jim. Lovely way to spend the evening as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      '68 is still awesome dude! Only had a quick peak before The Walking Dead season finale came on. Will have a proper rummage tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Bob, I'm delighted you have painted the Zombicide Dog Companions I sent you. Shamefully, mine are still unpainted. Yours look tremendous.

    '68 Jungle Jim is indeed bloody good. The scene where an elephant gets blown up will live long in my memory!

    My Zombicide season 3 box arrived today. Oh. My. God. I have died and gone to Heaven! So much to look at, so much to admire! Yes, I share your excitement, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too will forever remember that 'Dumbo' scene from '68 Jungle Jim... its ruined Disney's classic in my mind's eye for all eternity ;-)

      Delete
    2. @ Vampifan.
      Thanks Bryan.
      They where really nice to paint. I'm sure you'll get around to painting yours when you've stopped messing around with that Chibi stuff.
      '68 continues to be a blast to read. Where else do you get exploding elephants.
      From my quick peek, I'm mightily impressed. Had to go watch the season finale of The Walking Dead. Will give it a proper going over tomorrow, if I can sleep knowing it's all down stairs. This better than Crimbo!

      @ Bk.
      Yeah, that was great. Best exploding elephant scene ever! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Really nice job on the dogs! You've convinced me I need to get Zombicide...just need to save up my pennies (translation: stop buying other stuff) for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon.
      Zombicide is a great game, I fully endorse it. I play it with my kids all the time. What's really good is because it's a co-operative game, it encourages team work, leading to more smiles and less sulks.

      Delete
  5. Lovely job on them all. I do love my dog mini's I may have to pick up this set and add it to my collection. Any chance of a pic with some normal 28mm dudes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      These are nice mini's. Have you seen Crooked Dice's new attack dogs? They are pretty cool too. No problem on the pic, I'll sort something out for the next post.

      Delete
  6. Good to see you're painting again and the dgs are really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      Had to give myself a kick up the arse, but it seems to have worked.

      Delete
  7. Great paint job on the dogs mate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      They were nice to work on.

      Delete
  9. No Chihuahuas in the wake of the zombie apocalypse? Every dark cloud has a silver lining after all.

    Great looking dogs, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      Nope, no Chihuahuas. They'd probably be some kind of small Mexican snack for a zombie. Chihuahua chichamanga anyone!

      Delete
  10. A very fitting ode to the dearly departed Tia if you ask me. Well done Bob, very well done.

    ReplyDelete