Wednesday 6 August 2014

MORE TARDINESS AND WELCOMES.

First order of business today is to dust off and oil the welcome wagon, then get it out of the shed to welcome my latest followers.

The first big BZA welcome goes out to clint. WELCOME CLINT! Clint runs the "Anything but a one" blog, go check it out there's always lots to see. Clint's like some sort of painting machine as he churns out loads of high quality mini's for his many and varied projects. Keep an eye out for the Paint Monkey. Strap in Clint and enjoy the journey, it could take a while.

Our second BZA welcome, don't worry it's just as big, goes out to cmnash. WELCOME CMNASH! He runs the "Down Among the Lead Men" blog. A proud ZBA member, it's been quieter than usual but he seems back in the saddle again and is showcasing some lovely card terrain at the moment. Go see, you won't be sorry. Put your seatbelt on cm, I doubt it'll be bumpy but it could take some time.

Second order of business is to thank all the visitors to my humble little blog. It has been brought to my attention that we have surpassed seven thousand page views.Amazing! So a big THANK YOU to everyone who drops by.

Well the summer holidays are here so most of my hobby time has been taken up by entertaining the kids. Not that this is a bad thing, especially now they seem to want to play Zombicide every night. We've even talked my son's girlfriend into becoming a survivor. This week the goal was to attempt the "Switch City" campaign, what we didn't expect was the challenge it provided. We have still to complete the final mission!
THE START OF THE SECOND MISSION "FAST FOOD"
HALF WAY THROUGH "FAST FOOD". TWO OBJECTIVES DOWN, TWO TO GO.
THE ABOMINATION SHOWS UP.
WE'VE BEEN USING SHELDON'S ZOMBIE DOGZ. BLOODY NIGHTMARE.
I have managed a little painting between days out and marathon Zombicide sessions but it isn't much. I've never shown any WIP before and I'm breaking my own rules by doing so, but it's this or no pictures.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
I've finally managed to get some of my free card terrain printed out. Now I just have to build it, reading the instructions first this time. I'm really quite excited about this, just don't expect Vampifan's level of expertise.
HORSEMAN'S DELI
DRAKE'S TV & RADIO.
I also got the Stoelzel's Structures CD Display Base to photograph my survivors on, when they are finally finished.
DISPLAY BASE.
Well that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes, so until next time try and do as the DUDE does and "take it easy".






15 comments:

  1. That Abomination of yours looks REALLY SCARY!!!!
    Best of luck painting the survivors and making your scenery. The Horseman's Deli is a great model to make. Indeed I liked it so much I built two, side by side, just to make use of the two shop signs it comes with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      I'm really excited to finally get my hands on the printouts and this time I'm going to read the instructions several times before attempting to construct them. I think I'm going to make both too.

      Delete
  2. Great to see you managing to get a game or two in and for what's it's worth I enjoy a WIP or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      Plenty of games going on, better than sitting in front of the idiot lantern. My figures are rough enough finished never mind in WIP condition.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff glad your getting the kids involved. Progress is progress whether its wip or completed :D. Survivors are coming along nicely dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      We must inspire the next generation of gamers!

      Delete
  4. Go be brave with the card mate, I am sure you can prevail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      I'll give it a damn good go.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the card building, I hate those people who make it look so easy when it actually isn't (not mentioning anyone in particular)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      I'll read the instructions this time, that should make it easier. Not as easy as Bryan makes it look though.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you are gaming again I look forward to your new card city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert.
      I try to play at least once a week, the holidays seem to increase our frequency.
      It's more of a hamlet than a city at the moment.

      Delete
  7. Those Microtactix freebies were some of the first few buildings I made, definitely great little starter buildings, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Adam.
    They are my first teetering steps on the card scenery journey.

    ReplyDelete